- Veterinary Office Assistant certificate, or equivalent
- Experience in a high volume shelter or veterinary clinic setting (or comparable field experience)
- Understanding of and commitment to the No Kill Equation
- Ability to maintain accurate records and work with shelter management software
- Ability to work efficiently in a high stress environment
- Ability to work with volunteers
- Understanding of the non-profit model and fundraising.
Duties will include primary care of cats and kittens, working with volunteers and foster families, transporting cats to and from veterinary appointments, liaising with our veterinary clinic, maintaining daily records and reporting to the Cat Care Supervisor. A reliable vehicle is necessary. Hours of work will include days, evenings and weekends. A clear criminal record check is a condition of employment.
Craig Street Cats is Winnipeg's largest cat specific animal welfare organization, working to humanely reduce the number of cats living on our streets. Our innovative programs include comprehensive colony management, a neo-natal kitten nursery, and an adoption centre dedicated to cats and kittens coming through our programs.
Please forward resume, references and salary expectations to:
Craig Street Cats
16-1421 St. James St.
Please, no phone calls or emails.
We appreciate all applications, but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.